Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with hoarding and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server run by a hosting supplier. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's have a gaze at these. Doing so, you can elect what you need, based on whether you'd like to have a site, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by some companies, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages frequently involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a particular stretch of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely improper explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the load between individual sets of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting brand is suitable if you would like to share a vast amount of pictures with comrades or associates since the solution is generally free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your e-mails. Some firms provide site hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you desire to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many videos as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to run a web site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At Christian Web Hosting, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared to the normal email/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for specific web content only.